There are a couple of Hotels in Florence, in the core of Italy, as Morandi alla Crocetta, with an extremely intriguing history.
This Hotel is arranged in Via Laura, where two authentic figures of the Renaissance have left their imprint: Lorenzo de’Medici and Sister Domenica of Paradise. Initially it was a nation street crossing into some vegetable nurseries, in this manner suitably called Via Verzura later altered into Via Ventura. When Lorenzo de’Medici chose to assemble a house for prostitutes, the name was changed to Via Laurenziana, at that point contracted to Via Laura.
Sister Domenica was the girl of a rancher from Pian di Ripoli, south of Florence, who worked a few grounds having a place with the religious community of St. Brigida al Paradiso. Having Dr pablo clavel barcelona spain entered this equivalent religious community and taking the name of Sister Domenica del Paradiso, she built up a notoriety for sacredness. This didn’t prevent her from giving her nuns a valuable and down to earth occupation. She presented the craft of weaving gold and silver fabrics with incredible financial achievement.
Despite the fact that she was a Domenican, she didn’t concur with Fra’ Girolamo Savonarola whom she never cited in her works. This is the reason she earned the companionship of Savonarola’s incredible enemies, the Medici, who permitted her to purchase an enormous real estate parcel aside of Via Laura (where the current structure represents) a negligible 190 Florins. In 1511 she started constructing another religious community, going through some 20.000 gold Florins. It wasn’t by chance that it was made simple for a Domenican religious circle, faithful to the Medici, to be manufactured just one street or two away from Savonarola’s congregation, S.Marco.
Later on, Pope Clement VII, Lorenzo’s nephew (his dad, Giuliano de’Medici, was executed in the popular Pazzi intrigue) was extremely liberal to Sister Domenica of Paradise. She kept her old name out of appreciation for her previous religious community however the enhanced one was known as the cloister of the Crocetta after the little red cross that the nuns wore sewn on their propensity. Indeed, even the road was called Via della Crocetta for a significant stretch of time.
Along this equivalent road, in 1502 standard Marco Strozzi established another cloister for six ardent women: S. Maria degli Angeli, a short time later called S. Maria degli Angiolini, close to the Palazzo of the Crocetta that later turned into the Archeological Museum.
In the city, where the Hotel Morandi alla Crocetta now stands, the religious circle of the Crocetta had its nurseries and orders. On this site, Sister Domenica of Paradise had a dream of Jesus honored by a XVI century sanctuary worked to the back, on Via Giusti. In the lodging Morandi alla Crocetta, one can respect XVII century frescoes delineating scenes of the life of the favored Domenica of Paradise.
The religious circle was then broadened by the sincere princess Maria Maddalena de’Medici, little girl of Grand Duke Ferdinand I. She lived in her Palazzo of the Crocetta, worked in 1619, and, so as to visit the nuns all the more helpfully, she had a bridge worked over the road, which can in any case be seen in Via Laura. A similar princess connected with the modeler Luigi Orlandi in 1757 to refurbish and modernize the congregation which contained the remaining parts of the, at this point, Blessed Domenica of Paradise.